Elzen (hereinafter “Elzen”, “we”, “us” and “our”) undertakes to respect your privacy. This includes treating your personal information in a responsible way and in accordance with the requirements of applicable data protection laws, and using appropriate security measures to protect your personal information.
This privacy notice (hereinafter “Notice”) describes the ways in which we collect, use and share the personal information that you provide to us, or that we otherwise collect or receive during the operation of our business and our websites, www.elzen.com.ar. It also sets out how we store and protect such information, and describes certain rights you may have on connection to the personal information that we have from you and/or about you.
Personal information we collect from you and how we obtain it
“Personal information” is any information in our possession or control that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you. Such personal information may include:
Information you provide to us. We will process the personal information you provide to us, even in the following circumstances:
- Subscribing to services on our website or contacting us, even by email: when you subscribe to newsletters, webinars or events, or when you contact us with inquiries or respond to our communications, the personal information you provide may include your full name, title, phone number, email address, content, date and time of your email or other correspondence, and information about your employer or your business.
- Our provision of legal services: If you are an Elzen client, you will provide us with personal information when you or the organization you represent becomes a client, and as necessary in the course of our provision of legal services. If you are not a client, you may provide us with your personal information because you attend meetings at our offices or you are otherwise involved in one of our clients’ affairs.
- Recruitment and Employment Applications: When you apply for or accept a job with us, you can provide us with your full name, date of birth, nationality, education and qualification details, gender, resume, CV, photograph, passport details, bank account details , marital status, address, home phone number, mobile phone number and other details established in your application.
Cookies can be disabled by changing your browser settings, although some parts of the website may not work well if you choose to do this.
Information that we otherwise collect or generate about you. We will collect information about you when you use our services or when we interact or engage with you. We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit our website. We may, for example, collect information about the type of device you use to access our website, your IP address and your geographical location, the operating system and version of your device, the type of browser, the content you see and the features accessed by our website, and the search words you enter on our website.
Information we obtain from third parties. We may request or receive personal information from third parties in certain circumstances, including:
- If you apply for a position with us, we may collect personal information related to your employment history, qualifications and education, opinions of third parties about you and other details, which will be provided to us by a third party who provides background investigation services for us.
- In the context of our client acceptance procedures, our provision of legal services, or otherwise in the course of our business, we may receive personal information from third parties, such as your employer, our service providers and business partners, and other relevant parties for the service we provide. That information could include name, contact details, employment details, and other information relevant to the legal services we provide.
- If you have a relationship with any of our clients or with a member of our staff, they may provide us with your personal information, including your name, contact information, marital status and other details.
The personal information you provide to us or that we collect from you may include confidential personal information (or “special category” personal information), such as information related to your nationality.
Uses of your personal information
We may use your personal information in a number of ways, including:
- providing legal services to our clients;
- managing our business relationships with our customers, suppliers and vendors;
- participating in marketing and business development activities in relation to the services we provide, including sending newsletters, legal updates, marketing communications and other information that may be of interest to you (you can choose at any time not to receive our marketing materials) by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- reviewing and processing your job application when you have applied for a job with us;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations, or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- managing and analyzing the use and performance of our websites or other online services;
- improving the services we offer;
- answering to any request, or investigating any complaint you may have, or to notify you of any changes to our services or our website; and
- to prevent and answer to actual or potential fraud or illegal activities.
We rely on one or more of the following legal reasons to use your personal information in the aforementioned ways:
- we have your consent
- we must take steps to enter into a contract with you or fulfill our obligations under a contract with you, including a contract to provide legal services;
- we need to do so to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; or
- it is required for our legitimate business interests, some examples of which are listed in the ‘Uses of your personal information’ section above.
Sharing your personal information
We share personal information with our Partners in other parts of the world, as well as with any office that we may open in the future.
We may also share your personal information with third parties outside of Elzen, including:
- third party agents or contractors who are subject to confidentiality requirements, in relation to the processing of your personal information for the purposes described in this Notice (this may include, for example, IT and communications service providers, or providers that render support services for us);
- third parties relevant to the legal services we provide, including transaction or litigation counterparties, other professional service providers, regulators, authorities, government institutions and securities exchanges; and
- regulatory authorities, courts, government agencies, or law enforcement bodies to the extent required by law, regulation, or court order (for example, if we have a duty to disclose your personal information to comply with any legal obligation, or where we need to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights).
The exchange of information described above may involve a transfer of your personal information from a location within Latin America (hereinafter “LATAM”) to outside LATAM, or from outside LATAM to a location within LATAM.
When we transfer your personal data outside of LATAM, we will ensure that it is protected in a manner consistent with the way your personal data is protected in that country:
We will implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information remains protected and secure in accordance with the applicable data protection laws. You can obtain more details about the transfer of your personal data outside of LATAM by contacting us in accordance with the section “How to contact us” mentioned below.
Retention of your personal information.
How long we retain your personal information will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- the purpose for which we are using it: we will need to keep the data for as long as is necessary for that purpose;
- Legal obligations: Laws or regulations may establish a minimum period during which we must retain your personal information.
Protecting your personal information
We have implemented various technical and organizational measures designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Security of your personal information.
If you are an Elzen client, electronic communications between you and us, including through our website, may be treated as legally privileged, as attorney work product, or otherwise confidential under applicable professional liability rules. Nothing in this notice is intended to affect such protections for existing customers. If you are not an Elzen customer, your communications with us are not eligible for such protections, except in certain limited special circumstances.
Your rights in connection to your personal information.
Subject to the provisions of local laws and regulations from time to time, you have or may have certain legal rights in relation to the personal information that we hold about you, which you may exercise (to the extent applicable) by contacting us as indicated below.
As such, you may be entitled, in certain circumstances:
- to request details about the processing of your personal information and the access to the personal information we hold about you;
- to withdraw your consent for us to process your personal information;
- to receive certain personal information;
- to request that we correct your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- to request that we erase your personal information;
- to request that we restrict our processing of your personal information;
- to stop unauthorized transfers of your personal information to a third party, or to have your personal information transferred to a third party; and
Please note that these rights may not be absolute. For example, if you withdraw your consent for us to process your personal information, or request that we restrict such processing, we may still have the right to process your personal information if we have other legal reasons to do so. We may also have the right to refuse certain requests for access to copies of personal information, in particular information that is subject to legal privileges, or requests to erase your personal information if we have another legal right or are required to keep it.
Purposes of the processing of your personal data by Elzen
Your personal data collected by Elzen may be used for the purposes set out in these Privacy Policies, as well as, according to the consent you have given us in the corresponding Contact form, we may use your data to send you by letter, telephone, email, SMS/MMS, or by other equivalent electronic means of communication, commercial communications related to:
- The provision of the services offered through the Website.
- The sending of commercial communications and/or Newsletter by
Changes to our privacy notice
We regularly review this Privacy Notice. Any future changes will be reflected in an updated version of this Privacy Notice that will be available on our website.
How to contact us
If you want more information about the collection, use, disclosure, transfer or processing of your personal information, or if you want to analyze your right or exercise any of the rights listed above, send us an email to email@example.com